By Ray Hamill — Orion Cosce’s trainer has described his injury as not severe enough to keep him sidelined too long and says he expects him back in the cage early in the new year.
Cosce was scheduled to make his UFC debut in Las Vegas this Saturday night, but was forced to withdraw last week after suffering an undisclosed injury.
Trainer Brian Wilson, however, reassured local MMA fans with the news the injury is not too serious.
“It’s not a severe injury that will keep him shelved for an extended period,” Wilson said. “We expect to see him back early next year.”
Cosce is 7-0 as a pro fighter and secured a UFC contract with a victory over a previously undefeated Matt Dixon at the Dana White Contender Series in August.
His brother Louis Cosce will fight Sasha Palatnikov at UFC 255 in Las Vegas on Saturday.